Monday, April 7, 2014

Steam Dryers

Have you  ever wondered if steam dryers are really worth all the hype?  If you have a busy family, (and who doesn't?) I think they are definitely worth it!  Here is the low down:

First let me answer the question, what is a steam dryer?  A steam dryer is a dryer that is hooked up to a water line.  On certain cycles, a small amount of water is injected into the dryer to create a "steamy" environment.  This steam helps release wrinkles and can also remove odors.  The steam is not used on a regular drying cycle.

Aren't you always this happy when you do the laundry?
I have two young children so that means that laundry is done on an hourly basis in my house.  All kidding aside, my family has a lot of laundry so finding time to wash, dry, fold, and put away is sometimes a daunting task.  And the ironing?  No Way!  So, what do we do when something sits in the dryer a little too long?  Or that shirt I want to wear really should be ironed but there is no time?  We use our steam dryer!  I like to use the short setting to freshen up one or two pieces that I want to wear that day and the longer setting if I have a bunch of clothes that need a de-wrinkle.  I know a lot of brands state that the steam dryers can remove smells and set in odors.  Personally, if something is that smelly-I just rewash it.  I don't find that to be the reason to purchase a steam dryer.  But maybe you can see a benefit to this.

Now, I know a lot of you just use that wash cloth trick that your first roomate taught you, but I promise the steam dryer is much easier.  For those of you who have no clue what I am talking about, here is a quick tutorial:

Step 1: Place wrinkled item in regular dryer
Step 2: Place wet wash cloth in with wrinkled clothing
Step 3: Set dryer for auto dry
Step 4: Take clothing out of dryer and TA DA!  You have a wrinkle free article of clothing. (kinda)
Yup, that's right!  I use a baby wash cloth.


Why on earth did I just tell you this trick?  Isn't that silly?  Now none of you will want a steam dryer, right? WRONG!  I am telling you steam dryers are really quite affordable.  Steam dryers start around $599.95.  So, they really aren't anymore expensive than most regular dryers.  And this way, you don't have to use wash cloths and it works much better.

They are easy to set up, easy to use and extremely helpful for all you busy people out there who hate to iron.  I know I can't be the only one, right?

If you are interested in a steam dryer, stop in to Holloways Appliance Center and ask for any one of our amazing sales people to walk you through the steam dryers.

Best,
Laurie

Holloways Appliance Center serves all of Connecticut (including West Hartford, Glastonbury, Bloomfield, Avon, Canton and many more) and Western Massachusetts (including East Longmeadow, Westfield, Southwick, Granville and many more).

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, it sounds like it works like a steamer but all you have to do is throw it in the dryer and forget about it until the steam cycle is over. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete